As the spread of mobile increases, it makes you wonder about the fine line between what is perceived as luxury and necessity.
Mobile phones subscription amount is growing aggressively. China is having the very largest amount of mobile subscribers, India in 2nd place in most mobile subscriptions. Both countries are having very highest population around the world so they got most mobile connections. Let us see some more amazing facts.
Some Interesting Facts:
- There is now one cell phone for every two humans on Earth. That’s 3.3 billion active cell phones of some 6.6 million Phones
- The First Cell Phone was made in 1973 by Motorola Employee Martin Cooper, The phone was a Proto type Motorola DynaTAC, which a decade later, became the world’s first commercially available Mobile handset. It was available in Market in 1984 at a cost of $3,995-which is about $9000 today, accounting for inflation.
- 45% of the people on Planet send sms once is a day.
- More than 30 African Nations have more cell Phones than the Landline Phones.
- More than 1000 cell phones are activated every minute of each day.
- The first text message was sent in 1992
- Around 2.7 billion SMS texts sent in China each day.
- 14.3 billion Unused mobile phones lying about Australia. It is more than 3 times the population of New Zealand.
- An iPhone now has more processing power than North American Air Defence Command did in 1965
- In many parts of South East/East Asia the digit 4 never appears in Nokia Mobile Phone as 4 is considered unlucky.
- Text messages contribute to 20% of operational revenue
- The Ringtone “Nokia Tune” is based on a 19th century guitarist “Gran Vais”, it was named as Grande Vaise on Nokia Phones but was changed to Nokia Tune around 1998 when it became popular.
- The World’s first Smart debuted in 1983; it was a phone-come- PDA with LCD Touch screen display.
- Russia having 154% mobile phone connection that means each person having 1.54 mobile phones in Russia.